Tuesday, June 19, 2007

A Good Day

Today was a good day for the campaign. We dropped literature in the area and delivered over 100 invitations for the fundraiser at The Kells on June 28th from 7-10. I was told today by a local resident that he had read a news story regarding the race. He remembered they had mentioned my candidacy. What they had said basically was that of all the candidates I, being the youngest and lesser known, am the candidate who wouldn't have allegiances to any particular group or interests. I would be solely accountable to the residents. It got me thinking about that for the 1st time. I have to agree that it makes sense to me and is true. I won't owe anybody anything. The only people I owe are the residents. I'm not swayed by special interest. I'm young enough and brave enough to stand up to powers that be. I believe its truly time that the residents come first. I am eager to be your Councilor and really shake things up and give Allston/Brighton the advocate it deserves.

No comments: