Thursday, June 21, 2007

Signs Tampered With

Today was a strange and unsettling day for the campaign. 2 of our signs went missing overnight. 1 was on brooks and the other on Parsons. Both were securely placed and would have had to have an effort put in to remove them. The committee then received a call from the owner of a home on Brooksdale Rd stating that a sign had been placed on his property without permission. The sign was obviously taken down immediately. It turned out to be 1 of the missing signs from overnight. I then *69 the owner of the home on Brooksdale and reached District 1 BPD. When I asked who had called I was told no one in the office but someone had passed through and used their phone. It all seems a little suspicious to me. These signs are not just a piece of cardboard, they represent the faith & trust of those who support my candidacy. They represent my lifelong love of politics and ambition to be your next Councilor. I plead with those who find it funny or entertaining, or those who may be trying to make a bad name for my campaign, to think twice before tampering with another's dreams. I am dedicated to this community and to representing our community in City Hall. There is a fear out there, which I have heard from many, that because I'm the youngest I may mobilize the 18-25 year old voters which would shift this election immensely. Obviously it would be great if those voters came out in large numbers to support my campaign. I would be happy to have them on board. The 2 signs that went missing have been replaced and more signs have gone up. We also dropped more literature today and invitations for our Fundraiser On June 28th at The Kells. I look forward to many more weeks of campaigning and to meeting even more residents in the community to discuss the future of Allston/Brighton.

No comments: